Position can be located in either Reno or Minden, NV
Relocation assistance available for the right candidate.
R.O. Anderson Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary consulting firm with offices in Minden and Reno, Nevada, specializing in civil engineering, hydrology and hydraulics, water resources, surveying, land use and environmental planning, hazard mitigation planning, landscape architecture and residential design.
We are currently seeking a detail-oriented self-starter with 2+ years of civil/survey land development experience to work with our team in the planning and design of commercial and residential infrastructure projects. Working with the CADD Manager to develop design concepts into both conceptual and final design/construction documents and primarily completing technical tasks, you will assist in the design and application of principles, methods and techniques of detailed civil engineering design and drafting of site plans, profiles, cross sections, subdivisions, utilities, roadways, drainage and grading plans.
- Interpret Engineer’s rough sketches and plan redlines to create and edit drawings
- Design road and utility alignments, existing and proposed grade profiles and complex cross sections with road tapers and super elevations
- Design and draft detailed site layout, grading, utility, erosion control plans, construction details and typical road sections
- Layout and draft subdivision plats and property exhibits
- Calculate earthwork volume and make design modifications to balance earthwork quantities
- Prepare accurate quantity take‐offs and cost estimates and grading and utility plans to meet requirements of the reports
- Assist Engineer in the preparation of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules and permitting for projects
- Responsible for drawing review to assure drawings meet CADD and quality control standards
- Plot and collate drawing sets
- 2+ years’ professional experience working in civil/survey land development performing similar duties as required for this position
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills including AutoCAD and Civil 3D proficiency
- Deadline and detail-oriented with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance plans – 100% employer paid for employee and assistance with dependents; 401(k) with employer match and employer-paid long-term disability insurance. In addition, we offer generous PTO; flexible medical spending account; profit sharing plan; education and licensure assistance; paid professional dues; employer-paid Costco membership and a friendly, professional and collaborative work environment. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
If you are seeking an excellent opportunity to grow your career with a highly regarded firm and are eager to learn more about becoming a key member of our team, please submit your resume by clicking ‘Apply’ above.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the US.