R.O. Anderson Engineering, Inc. is a 35-person multidisciplinary consulting firm, specializing in civil engineering, hydrology and hydraulics, water resources, surveying, land use and environmental planning, hazard mitigation planning, landscape architecture and residential design. The firm maintains offices in Minden, Nevada and Reno, Nevada. These full-time positions may work either from our Minden, Nevada office or our Reno office.
Engineers thrive on solving problems by putting their logic and creativity together. They can invent, explore, and question to enhance the areas around us. R.O. Anderson engineers work in multiple disciplines and collaborate on larger initiatives.
R.O. Anderson's Minden and Reno Nevada offices are searching for licensed Civil Engineers to join its growing team. The Project Civil Engineer will work on residential land development and government infrastructure projects for both private and public clients – grading, pavement, roads, drainage, sewers, water mains, storm water management and utilities.
- Management of assigned technical design support.
- Ensure that projects stay within budget and on schedule.
- Assisting in the establishment priorities for multiple concurrent projects.
- Preparation and review of engineering reports, design drawings and specifications.
- Technical writing and presentations to clients, stakeholders and governmental authorities.
- A four-year degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of land development, drainage, grading, water and wastewater infrastructure, roadway design.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineering in the United States with eligibility for reciprocity rights for the State of Nevada.
- Task oriented with excellent technical, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Initiative and an ability to work independently while working with a team of design professionals.
- A commitment to excellence and high-quality work with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in latest versions of AutoCAD and Civil3D.
- Ability to adapt to continual change in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Salary DOE/DOQ. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.
- Group medical, dental and vision insurance plans – 100% employer paid for employee and assistance with dependents
- Employer-paid long-term disability insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal-Time-Off (PTO)
- Self-directed 401K plan with employer match
- Flexible medical spending account (FSA, DCA, and HSA)
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Educational financial assistance
- Licensure assistance
- Paid professional and technical association dues
- Employer-paid Costco membership
- Relocation Assistance
About the Area:
We are fortunate to be in one of the most beautiful places in the West, the Carson Valley. Nestled at extreme eastern edge of the Sierra Nevada (Carson Range) and at an altitude of 4,600 feet. We enjoy four seasons of climate in what can only be described as a bucolic setting. Warm but not extremely hot summers, beautiful conditions in the spring and fall, and relatively mild winters with occasional snow. The Carson River runs through the center of the Valley. Fishing, hunting, skiing, hiking, horseback riding and other recreation opportunities abound. Nearby Lake Tahoe and the Casino Core is about 16 miles away and has all the amenities of a world-class recreation area, with Heavenly Ski Resort Stagecoach lodge being 12 miles away. Boating, fishing, hiking and backpacking opportunities are literally at our doorstep. Also, the Carson Valley has a number of excellent golf courses with varying degrees of difficulty and cost. We are about 1 hour from Reno, 4.5 hours from San Francisco, and 2.5 hours from Yosemite National Park. The State of Nevada also enjoys no state income tax.